We need you! If you're looking for hands-on work expanding the capacity for Christian community development in urban San Diego, consider applying for one of our internships.
About our Internships
At UrbanLife, we want to connect your passion, skills or education with on the ground work, and we’re excited to partner with you in the development of your own leadership as you help develop others. As an intern, you’ll spend 12-15 hours weekly learning the ins and outs of how a faith-based community development organization like UrbanLife operates.
Get in the mix of our for-purpose social enterprises like UrbanLife Farms and Tables, learn how to manage a non-profit from the finances to the fundraising, or help craft our overall message through social media, videography and the written word. We guarantee you’ll gain hands-on experience with visible impact, while working closely with our amazing team of neighborhood leaders and staff. What are you waiting for? Apply now!
The Social Entrepreneur:
Social enterprise intern
Interested in the growing field of social entrepreneurship? Come help grow our two for-purpose businesses, our urban farms and our new UrbanLife Cafe at the Copley-Price YMCA. You'll be involved from the very start as we launch this new business this summer!
the Creative communicator:
Marketing & Communication Intern
Headed into the field of marketing or communications? Get some experience by helping design our marketing & communication strategy and streamline our social media presence, among other things! Videography needed as well.
Running the show:
Non-Profit Management INtern
Want to run a non-profit? Get your feet wet by helping UrbanLife measure our impact, work with the Board of Directors and staff, learn the basics of fundraising, and drink lots of coffee! This is a great chance to get a behind-the-scenes look at a faith-based community development organization.
Dates: June 29-August 18
Schedule: 15 hours/week, flexible hours
Compensation: unpaid internship with the ability to coordinate with your institution to offer academic credit for your experience.
Intern roles: we have openings for a social enterprise intern, a marketing & communications intern, and a non-profit management intern. You may check multiple positions on your application.
- Hands-on, meaningful work in the non-profit industry
- Exposure to a number of different programs and student participants in City Heights and Southeastern San Diego
- Valuable resume experience
- Upon completion, letters of recommendation and referrals for excellent work
- Staff trainings and leadership development
- The opportunity to travel with staff to the national CCDA conference in Detroit October 4-7, 2017
- 18 years or older, either enrolled in or completed college
- an understanding and/or support of UrbanLife's vision and the work of Christian community development
- hard worker and willingness to serve
- interested in a career in non-profits or social enterprise
- teachable, creative, flexible and has a lot of initiative to work in environments where the work is never done!
- low-key tech skills like excel, g-suite, blogging, etc.
Email Sarah Carter at email@example.com with any other questions.